During parental leave / Keeping in touch
Part-time work during the parental leave period, training courses, holiday and sickness cover – whatever you decide to do, it is important that you keep in contact with your colleagues and your manager throughout your absence.
You are here:
- Do try to keep in touch with people at work throughout your absence.
- Ensure that you request a meeting with your manager three months before you intend to return to work.
- Should you wish to return to work before the end of your official parental leave period, you will need to submit your request to do so to your manager.
- If you would like to work part-time after the parental leave, you should submit your request to do so to your manager three months before your intended return to work.
- Since July 2015, new parents are entitled to 'ElterngeldPlus', a new parental allowance, which provides a number of benefits.
- For further information and to download the relevant brochure, please go to Forms/Regulations.
Keeping in touch – services available to staff
- Enjoy access to the intranet, and access to emails
- Receive news and information about your department/division (and Charité) by email
- Receive an electronic copy of the 'Charité am Puls' staff newspaper
- Arrange a face-to-face meeting
- Receive invitations to team events (Christmas party, office outing, etc.)
- Receive invitations to Charité-wide events (New Year Reception, staff celebration, etc.)
- Enjoy the option of working part-time during your family leave period, e.g. as critical care cover, or by entering into a separate agreement to provide holiday and sickness cover
- Take part in further or continuing education events and training courses
- If 'Patenmodell' mentoring is available: establish contact with your mentor/mentee